British Council Job Circular 2023 Bangladesh has been announced. interested candidates can apply here. British Council Job Circular 2023 associated all information will be found in our job related website at GovtJobCircular.com.
The British Council is the UK’s international organization for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
British Council Job Circular 2023
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity. Our policy aims to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favorable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, ethnicity, religion or marital status. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria’
Name of the Organization: British Council.
Job Position: Different posts.
- Job Circular Posting Date: 26/04/2023.
- Last Date of Application: 13/05/2023.
Details information about British Council Job Circular 2023
Name of the Designation: Customer Services Officer
Vacancy – 4
Location – Bangladesh (3 in Dhaka, 1 in Chattogram)
Pay Band – 4
Contract Type – Indefinite contract – Local
Requirements – Candidates must have the pre-existing right to live and work in Bangladesh.
Closing Date – Saturday, 13 May 2023.
The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language. We work in two ways – directly with individuals to transform their lives, and with governments and partners to make a bigger difference for the longer term, creating benefit for millions of people all over the world. We help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities. We support them to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications. Our work in arts and culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative enterprise. We connect the best of the UK with the world and the best of the world with the UK. These connections lead to an understanding of each other’s strengths and of the challenges and values that we share. This builds trust between people in the UK and other nations which endures even when official relations may be strained. We work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2019-20 we connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million overall, including online and through our broadcasts and publications.
To provide proactive and effective management of the Country Director’s office and help to coordinate the Country Leadership Team so that British Council business is transacted in a timely, appropriate way. Provide administrative and operational support to high level visits and events.
Country Director Bangladesh (30%)
- Work independently and manage routine administrative work for the Director, eg managing email, diaries, arranging meetings and venues, meeting visitors, managing travel, document signature and supporting wider coordination across British Council Bangladesh teams.
- Liaising with country/area teams to work on programme and all logistical arrangements for CD including speeches, visits and events – ensuring guidance is shared with teams in advance and high-quality briefing notes and speeches (where necessary) are prepared for all meetings and visits.
- Manage directorate contacts, ensuring these are up to date at all times.
- Liaise with communications team to agree content for Director’s external communication, incl. CD messages on corporate website and social media channels.
- Act as single point of a contact for Country Director’s office for external stakeholders including following up all meetings and establish contacts with peers in key stakeholder and partner organisations. Liaise with key contacts at British High Commission Dhaka.
Bangladesh Country Leadership Team – secretariat (50%)
- Work closely with the Bangladesh Leadership Team on team meetings, leading on scheduling meetings, preparing and circulating agendas, keeping minutes, noting action points and following up on actions until completion.
- Lead on official visits and support coordination of cross-operation large-scale events and VIP visits, ensuring guest lists are up to date and high-quality programming and logistics.
- Mobilise relevant teams to input to speeches linked to high level, cross-operation visits and events ensuring high quality briefing notes are prepared for all associated visit meetings. Produce accurate and timely minutes of meetings as required.
- Coordinate onboarding of Bangladesh leadership colleagues, as necessary – liaise with relevant departments and HR to effectively oversee international mobility and national onboarding of Bangladesh leadership colleagues, including requests for asset procurement, IT support, overseeing scheduling of induction meetings.
Cross-cutting support (20%)
- Lead and / or support implementation of actions plans related to cross-cutting issues such as Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI), Environment, Safeguarding and Information Governance, liaising with relevant focal points.
- Provide ad-hoc support to the Cultural Engagement and Facilities and Security team, particularly in relation to events and visits management.
The post holder will need to be flexible in terms of occasional in country travel and work.
What we require of the successful candidate:
- Very good level of both written and spoken English at IELTS 7.
- Minimum / Essential – Undergraduate degree or equivalent
- Desirable – Master’s in Business Administration
Role specific knowledge and experience
- Essential – One year of relevant experience in an administration or coordination role
- Desirable – Relevant Experience
Role Specific Skills
- Ability to comfortably use British Council systems like MyHR etc.
- General IT skills
- Skilled in using MS office experience and experience in calendar management
- Pay Band – 4/H
- Contract Type – Permanent (locally appointed)
- Closing Date – 29 March 2023, 23:59 IST
British Council Job in Bangladesh
Read Before Apply
“The British Council believes that all children have potential and that every child matters – everywhere in the world. The British Council affirms the position that all children have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse as set out in article 19, UNCRC, 1989”
“The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity. Our policy aims to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, ethnicity, religion or marital status. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria”
- 17th NTRCA Job Circular Teachers Registration
- CUET Job Circular 2023
- Shakti Foundation Job Circular & Application Form 2023,
Apply Procedure of British Council Job Circular 2023
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for the next step of recruitment process. Applications will not be shortlisted without proper submission of following documents and clear subject heading. No hard copies of the application will be accepted.
a) Updated CV
b) Cover letter highlighting relevant experience
c) One sample of digital production
If you have any problems with your application please email email@example.com
Please note: Applications to this role can only be considered when made through the Apply section of our careers website. Our ‘ASK HR’ email is only to be used in case of a technical issue encountered when applying through the careers website. Emails with supporting statements and CV/Resumes sent to this email address will not be reviewed and will be deleted.
A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world.
Equality , Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) Statement
The British Council is committed to policies and practices of equality, diversity and inclusion across everything we do. We support all staff to make sure their behaviour is consistent with this commitment. We want to address under representation and encourage applicants from under-represented groups, in particular, but not exclusively, on grounds of ethnicity and disability. All disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria are guaranteed an interview and we have Disability Confident Employer Status. We welcome discussions about specific requirements or adjustments to enable participation and engagement in our work and activities.
The British Council is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults who we work with.
We believe that all children and adults everywhere in the world deserve to live in safe environments and have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse, maltreatment and exploitation as set out in article 19, UNCRC (United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child) 1989.
Appointment to positions where there is direct involvement with vulnerable groups will be dependent on thorough checks being completed; these will include qualification checks, reference checks, identity & criminal record checks in line with legal requirements and with the British Council’s Safeguarding policies for Adults and Children.
We will provide all update information connecting to British Council Job Circular 2023 in our website. So always keep visiting our website & get more updates at GovtJobCircular.com.